Many conservation organisations use the Mustelid Lures to enhance their trapping programes.
- Increase catch rates substantially and be active day after day
- Bait is robust and water-resistant.
- High potency scent attractant specific to mustelids and cats
- Convenient hole in the centre to attach to traps using a wire or metal spike.
- Will last for at least 3 weeks in the field.
- Very long shelf life.
- Each lure weighs approximately 10 grams.
- Price is for one lure.
In the past lures such as hens eggs, whole portions of rabbit or rabbit mince have been used. However these lures have probelms, for example hen eggs can easily be broken when carried in the field and rabbit portions and rabbit mince only lasts a few days before going rotten and becoming fly blown.
Many conservation organisations use the Mustelid and Cat Lure as a replacement for eggs or rabbit meat such as the Friends of Rotoiti conservation group. This group compared stoat captures using our Mustelid and Cat Lure with hen eggs and came to the conclusion that it works just as well. See the following link for more details.